A. versicolors in same tank

Nappis

Arachnopeon
Can I put two A. versicolors in the same tank?
I have heard something about that...

If it's ok, what should I put there (female + female, female + male or male + male) or does it any matter?

Is it ok to put these already to the same tank when they are slings?

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
it is possible with small slings - my breeder keeps them together for about 2-3 months before seperating them. when they grow older, its not recommended. it might work for a while, but eventually you will end up with only one very fat t! my a. versicolor girl ate her male, and he was only in there for a few hours... so i'd definitely not recommend that.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There have been a few people that have had success with communal setups.... however be for warned that is not common...... with out ample feedings and room, all it takes is one to get hungry and then its cage mate now is viewed as a 8 legged meal.......
Plus most Ts are loners by nature, they may tolerate a "friend" in the area for short periods of time but they reclaim the area and kill off any competition.

Better safe then sorry... unless you are planning on doing a study of some sort on T habits and behaviors.

Nappis

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the answears!

I pointed just that community discussion.

So, for now on... everyone are lonely riders =)

Johnny_27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Heres the thing. They'll live together for a while but one day you'll wake up and have one fat versi. Its never a sure thing and someone always gets eaten eventually. Versis are pretty expensive and to me its kinda a waste. If you really wanna do it, use A avic. They're cheap.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
im gonna go out on a limb and disagree a little bit with everyone. i have 2 sets ups...one with A. Avic.'s ( 1 male+1 female) and one with A. Versicolor's (again...1 male +1 female) and ive had both of these set ups for quite some time..( a year or so) and in MY EXPERIENCE (key phrase here) ive had no problems. i have them in 20 gal. talls ( custom enclosure...same size as i 10 gal but twice as tall) i keep them well fed and they are fine.

rYe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
according to a discovery channel documentary I watched theirs only one species of spider in the world that can live together. Can't remember what they where but they where true spiders, really tiny guys who worked together kinda like ants.