A.Versicolors are likely males

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Well, I just have the lousiest luck with Avics. Most of mine turn out to be males. The two versicolors I got back in April (they were about 3/4 to 1" and probably had already molted at least once or twice before I got them) molted for the 5th time in my care a few days ago. They are now 3" and I suspect may mature at the next molt if they are males. I got out the skins and rehydrated them, used my 10x loupe and it seems about 90% likely that the one is male and about 70% that the other is male too. The skins were in lousy shape but I couldn't make out any hint of a flap on the one and on the other it seems like there MAY have been something more than a wrinkle but I wouldn't count on it.
On the up side though, they are spectacular - no longer blue but have the adult colors. The one that I am fairly sure is male has purple highlights on his legs that my digital just can't capture. And they were both doll babies about getting moved into their new "almost adults" houses. Gentle and calm.
Another upbeat is that if they are males they are definately going out for breeding - unlike in the past, before I knew about breeding loans, when my males would simply fade away. And if there are babies to be had from the pairing then, by Jove, I am sure to end up with at least ONE female from the batch!

Gail

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Gail,
I have quite a few of the little buggers, and all from different eggsacs, so let me know if they turn out male!