a versicolor

swallowscott

Arachnopeon
i recently got an obt (2cm) and an avic versicolor (1cm)

the obt is eating dubia's like crazy, but the versicolor hasnt yet eaten since iv had it, about 2 weeks.

Iv tried crickets, cock roaches and meal worms, both alive and dead, but it shows no interest.

i am hoping that it is just about to molt and tht is the reason it is not eating.

i have only ever had juveniles and these are my first slings,

how often should i exect these slings to moult?

i know it depends alot on temp and feeding

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i recently got an obt (2cm) and an avic versicolor (1cm)

the obt is eating dubia's like crazy, but the versicolor hasnt yet eaten since iv had it, about 2 weeks.

Iv tried crickets, cock roaches and meal worms, both alive and dead, but it shows no interest.

i am hoping that it is just about to molt and tht is the reason it is not eating.

i have only ever had juveniles and these are my first slings,

how often should i exect these slings to moult?

i know it depends alot on temp and feeding
When they're young like that, usually about once monthly.

Embers To Ashes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If hes only 1cm long and your trying to give him mealworms that are twice his size he will most likely not eat them. Cut up mealworms and crickets into peices about half his body length or slightly less and see if he eats. He might just be in pre molt. If that is the case just keep his humidity up and make sure there are pleanty of watter dropplets on the side so he can drink.

swallowscott

Arachnopeon
iv tried him on all sizes, dead and alive, i think its just premolt. i was just curious to how often i should expect a moult at this age