A.versicolor transfer and enclosure revamp

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I decided to use some of an old Exo Terra background I had to one side in one of my mini House of Spiders acrylic arboreal enclosures, turned out looking pretty good, and the wee Avicularia versicolor seems to like it too....

Looks as though she is going to settle in fine :)

jere000

Arachnosquire
I want to get a purpurea and use an enclosure like that.Also of you don't mind my asking how much did that whole setup cost?

Last edited:

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Reminds me of me wee Dumpling, my special little girl:D

Nice enclosure, looks really well.. Where did you get that small, cool waterdish?

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Reminds me of me wee Dumpling, my special little girl:D

Nice enclosure, looks really well.. Where did you get that small, cool waterdish?
From TheSpidershop.com although they haven't them in stock any longer, I believe they are made by NeoTropic :)

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I want to get a purpurea and use an enclosure like that.Also of you don't mind my asking how much did that whole setup cost?
I have my A.purpurea in one of these right now :)

They cost about £16 for the enclosure, I had a spare bit of Exo Terra background anyway, so all in all with the water dish and enclosure about £20 or so :)

jere000

Arachnosquire
I have my A.purpurea in one of these right now :)

They cost about £16 for the enclosure, I had a spare bit of Exo Terra background anyway, so all in all with the water dish and enclosure about £20 or so :)
Lol that's cheaper than my boas cages, can you post pics of the A.purpurea?

jere000

Arachnosquire
Aye, they're a nice species I brought her up from being a wee sling and shes cute :)
Ah i love their colors but then again almost anything Avicularia i love lol I hope to get one as my first T.How hard would you say it was to rais up that up that A.purpurea?

Last edited:

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh, I will! Sent them an e-mail, cause they said international peeps had to send orders directly to them. I'm eyeing the posters, but I'll hold out untill the waterdishes get in again then..

Thanks heaps, mate!

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh, I will! Sent them an e-mail, cause they said international peeps had to send orders directly to them. I'm eyeing the posters, but I'll hold out untill the waterdishes get in again then..

Thanks heaps, mate!
No worries mate :)