A. versicolor owners

roaddog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just curious on how ofter your adult females molt? Mine appear to be on a 2 month cycle???? They are both about 5-6 inch females. Last molt was the beginning of September.

I paired them both in October, one molted out 2 weeks ago and the other I just noticed is molting as I type. I have never kept A. versi's before. Just wanted to know other people's molt schedule for adult females.

And no, they were not power fed.

Thanks!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Shoot! I cant even get my juvie female to molt that fast.. What temps do you have them at?

roaddog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They are at 70-75 with a room humidifier at 70%. I don't know what is going on?!?

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Join the club Rodie...I am going bald over these darn things too....Mine shifted into a 2-4 month molt cycle as well,and it is really throwing us off.Out of 7 females we paired,6 have molted out. None of the spiders were more than 2 months post molt when paired as well.....Color me clueless/lost

roaddog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, so I go to the T room and I see that the female that molted out about two weeks ago is pairing up with the male!

They are taunting me!!! Okay, 11-3-2010 Pairing, female molt 10-15-2010.

I will post up again if anything crazy happens. She better drop sac before another molt otherwise they are going up for sale or trade :?

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
From what I heard, they can be insanely picky about laying sacs. IME, my versi is the one who is most sensitive to movements and vibrations. She also seems to be in a 2 - 3 months schedule, she's in premolt again!

I know that a friend of mine who succesfully paired his kept her in a dark cupboard, in a place with minimal disturbance. They are apperantly very easily distracted as mothers.

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
Ok, so I go to the T room and I see that the female that molted out about two weeks ago is pairing up with the male!

They are taunting me!!! Okay, 11-3-2010 Pairing, female molt 10-15-2010.

I will post up again if anything crazy happens. She better drop sac before another molt otherwise they are going up for sale or trade :?
I'll be waitin' lol.

BTW Seriously every 2 months.
My juvie male won't molt that fast:eek:

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Between my versis last molt and the one before was over a year. She is only about 4.5" now. She did have a sac (she eventually ate it) during that time so thats probably part of the reason it took so long. Id be thrilled if she (mine) molted every 2 months.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Between my versis last molt and the one before was over a year. She is only about 4.5" now. She did have a sac (she eventually ate it) during that time so thats probably part of the reason it took so long. Id be thrilled if she (mine) molted every 2 months.
It is not very thrilling,trust me.It's just a pain when they are over 4inches and molt that often.I have used up 2 MM's( on 50/50's) just to have the females molt for no apparent reason...I was ready to start plucking legs(jk) when the 6th female molted out.....