A. versicolor molting question

Emilyy

Arachnopeon
Okay so my versicolor has just molted and the molt is basically right in the middle of her web. Usually it pushes the molt down towards the bottom and I am able to grab it out but this time it didn't. I am also trying to get the molt out extra gently so that it doesn't break because my boyfriend wants to take it into his entomology class. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? I don't want to ruin her web or anything..

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would wait at least a few days to let her start hardening up her exo, wouldn't want to risk startling her and causing injury. After that, don't worry about the webbing, if it gets damaged a little bit she'll repair it.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sometimes you just don't have a choice...
If you cant get at it with your tweezers. Or with out ruining or destroying their web....
Just make a big enough hole on their tunnel web to get the molt... but try not to do so much damage to the webbing... It should be ok...
They would just seal it up again anyway....
Try to be gentle and take your time....
This should be done a few days after... to reduce risk of injury to your freshly molted T!!!!

Peace!!!

Last edited:

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wait til the versi dries. Pull the molt later, and wet it to make it pliable again.
Don't risk your T for the sake of a molt.

PIG-