A. versicolor hide

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So I have a A. versicolor coming on tuesday and I have the KK setup and everything on its side. For all my pokies I have PVC pipes as their hide so my question is, does a 4in female versicolor need a hide or will it make a tube web at the top for its hide? I don't have any cork bark and the LPS doesn't have any. This will be my first Avic so sorry for the newbie question.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You should put A. versicolor into an adult enclosure... As other things just put in some vertical branches and some driftwood, versicolor will make its own hide with the web. It would be nice if you put in some plants, if not real silk ones on the side so versi can make web easier.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You should put A. versicolor into an adult enclosure... As other things just put in some vertical branches and some driftwood, versicolor will make its own hide with the web. It would be nice if you put in some plants, if not real silk ones on the side so versi can make web easier.
I feel simple is always best. I usually just have substrate with one hide. Also a large kritter keeper on its side? That seems big enough for a 4" Tarantula.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you use PVC in with pokies, at least give the versi that much. They need something to web against.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you use PVC in with pokies, at least give the versi that much. They need something to web against.
Okay thanks, it is going to be my girlfriends first tarantula so I am sure she is going to want to see it instead of it hiding all day like my Pokies.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Get some fake plants to span the vertical space. Seeing them web down leaves and how they use it to construct their tube web is definitely worth grabbing one from Walmart/ Hobby Lobby.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Get some fake plants to span the vertical space. Seeing them web down leaves and how they use it to construct their tube web is definitely worth grabbing one from Walmart/ Hobby Lobby.
Thanks going to pick some up later, cant wait to see how much she webs.