A. versicolor - dry?

Mez

Arachnoknight
Hi guys.
I picked up an early juvenile/late spiderling A. versicolor from a breeder along with a N. chromatus.
All ive read on these avics tells me to keep them warm, very humid, with loads of ventilation.
The seller told me, he has 20 or so and has been keeping them dry with litterally a small misting once a week and he hasnt lost one. Previously, he kept them very humid with good ventilation, and lost nearly all of them.
Whats the deal?
At the moment, im kinda 50/50, im sure they come from warm humid environments, but dont want to end up with a dead versi, so for the moment im simply keeping the moss live/damp. What do you guys think?
Heres some photos.

Cheers
James

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Versicolors

I've found a environment that's in the middle of the two you describe works for me. I tried on the drier side and that resulted in bad molts (Slings not being able to complete and die stuck in the molt or loss of or deformed legs). Keeping them too wet resulted in unwanted bugs and mold growth.I now keep my slightly moist and at 75 degree F, no loss in a while. Good Luck

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i've kept my avics dry with no problems...

everyone kills their spiders by giving them "too" much care.

moose

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i've kept my avics dry with no problems...

everyone kills their spiders by giving them "too" much care.

moose
Couldnt agree more.

All the Avic slings I have raised were kept in a well ventilated enclosure. with a weekly flooding. I literally would just soak the substrate once a week, or when it dried out.

Edit in. moose that last signature is fantastic! hahaha.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ive had about 50 A. versicolor slings and i kept them all semi dry and never lost one. Feed them often and they will be fine:)

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dry seems to do much better for Avics than moist. I tend to pour water onto the substrate and webbing and leave til it dries out. Repeat. Good ventilation and a good size enclosure seem to be key too.
Its rather odd that if you follow their natural habitats they seem to die off very easily.
Great little Ts, love the colour changes, love their curiousity.
Do you know if its small or large form?

baconmushroom

Arachnopeon
im still fairly new to taking care of avics, i just want to ask, sorry if i post it here, how do you feed the avics? do actually tong feed it or do you put the fedeers(LATS) in the web and wait till they sense it and eat the prey? and the size of the avic is 3" give or take (if this information would help)..thanks!:)