A. Versicolor.....being a terristrial?

LunarFaery

ArachnoDiva
Old Timer
Ok I need help yet again....sorry :(

My lil versicolor is hanging around the bottom of her habitat. Its warm when I stick my hand in there, the humidity is up because there is condesation on the sides....shes got a nice silk plant to climb....yet she hanging around the bottom today. She spent most of her day on the peat...currently she chillin on the side; right off the ground.

Is she being normal...Im probaly an over reactive mom (been accused of that before :)) But I just want my new baby to live.

Any input is appreciated!!

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Sometimes they hang out down low.. both my A. avicularia are doing it, then at night I see em up top again sometimes. I think you'll find once your versi makes itself a tube web, it'll stay in there most of the time.. so take advantage of seeing him/her out in the open for now :)

Bill

LunarFaery

ArachnoDiva
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
Sometimes they hang out down low.. both my A. avicularia are doing it, then at night I see em up top again sometimes. I think you'll find once your versi makes itself a tube web, it'll stay in there most of the time.. so take advantage of seeing him/her out in the open for now :)

Bill
Thanks Bill...that makes me feel better. This is so very new to me still

Jen

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If anyone recalls, my Cinnamon Pinktoe was doing the same thing. But that may have been after her sizable meal she had. She's now crawling around the top of her enclosure after 24 - 48 hours after consuming her jumbo meal.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto

Bill
Luckily my A. avicularia built her tube web close to the wall of her tank so I can still see her. I highly recommend putting the piece of driftwood or what have you in a diagonal direction so as to have a better chance of your Avic species building a web closer to the glass. I'll be doing that with the other Avics (A. versicolor, A. metallica) I'll be getting from Bill at Invertepets.

P.S. MrDeranged, I got it right this time!