A. Versi Sac

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My A. versi laid a sac. I just noticed it a lil while ago. i raised her from a sling. I know she hasnt been bred. Would it be better for her to eat the sac or should I take it now? Should I bother feeding her? Will she be aggressive if i try to take it away?

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Her every instinct will be to guard the sac until something tells her it's a lost cause. It won't hurt anything to let her keep it. The flip side being that it's kinda heartwrenching when you take the sac and the T then spends hours or even days searching her enclosure for it before eventually giving up. Or worse, instead of giving up, she might make a ball out of substrate and spare webbing and guard that instead.

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I cked her this morning. She has placed the sac at the edge of her burrow. Is this a good indication that i should take it?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Id take it now, it is a dud sac. I personally would take it now because you run the risk of nasty black mold and mites if you leave it much longer. Plus her putting it off to the side like that means she pretty much knows its bad.