A. versi Breeding question.

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
Looked on other threads and couldn't find this situation.

I lost my record of the last time my female molted but she did have the entrances to her tube webs closed off. I decided to introduce the MM to her last night and woke up this morning to all the entrances opened and the MM far away. I have removed him but isn't the entrances to her tubes being closed an indication that shes approaching a molt?

Im actually hoping she molts because she did lay a phantom sac about two or three months ago.

Honestly Im going through sling withdrawal so I'm afraid I may have rushed things hahhaa.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
but isn't the entrances to her tubes being closed an indication that shes approaching a molt?
Typically yes, but not all Avic seal themselves off. I have many that don't. I also use as an indicator how much web building they are doing. Some of my Avics build more when approaching molt even if they don't seal themselves in.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
If the web tubes were closed off, she should have been left alone. No harm, no foul though. Wait until she molts.

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
I should have known better, but like you said no harm, no foul.
I just want some flipping slings hahhaa.
Its hard having an empty nest.

Ill just pay more attention to the scorplings for now. They are very cute and still white and squishy hanging onto moms back. :)

Thanks you guys :)