a true not so spineless wonder!

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i found this lil guy for adoption at a local petco yesterday. and he truly is a not so spineless wonder :D
hes just another bearded dragon..
what makes him so specal?
i was told, at about a month of age he broke his back.. from just above his hind legs down, hes totaly paralized. i was allso told hes about 8 months old now..
i have already fed the lil guy, and he eats prity well.. over all hes doing realy good so far.. its just sad, and i cant help but to fill bad when i see him drag his self only useing his front legs...

and fitingly, his name is hercules:D

hear are some pics:)

Last edited:

mindlessvw

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have a beardie with a slight spinal problem and we keep him on a small dose of metacam(.15cc) available through your vet and hand feed him...the metacam is a pain reliever and its amazing the difference in the guy when he gets it(daily) and he seems to love it!!! so what i have a drug addicted lizard...i don't think they make rehab for that:) but otherwise he gets around pretty well and is slowly getting better and better...also the hills prescription AD dog food(also through a vet) is really good for a protein suppliment and they love it!!!

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol, come on, i was expecting more then just one response...
realy now, this lil guy is amazing! dont be so mean to him:(

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Poor little fella, ooks like he would make a hell of a character.. is he actually in discomfort from the condition or does he seem ok?
UIs he eating enough?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey J. that's really nice of you man! If it can still eat bugs, maybe he'll be OK! Maybe it'll get a little better as it get's older, never know:confused: .

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
glad hes doing alright in spite of the injury. maybe you could get him a wheeled cart like i've seen some dogs use with broken back legs. :} not sure how much he'd like that though.

dazbuzz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
are you sure he broke his back? i have read that feeding beardies prey items that are too large can cause paralisis or death.

Loaf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What a proud parent you must be. I have two beardies. They are so ( for lack of better words) "chill". I love them. Congrats! He's really cute!!!!!!!
Good luck!

edventurous77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the kinked back seals that this is MBD to me. petco would lie and say he broke his back, that or they are so stupid they dont know what MBD is

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What a Cutie! Beardies have loads of personality even if it is the laid back 'chillin' type. I would definately get some beardies first if I ever got into lizzards.

mindlessvw

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i would say make sure to run him to a vet just to be sure...they can do a quick calcium check and xray to make sure its a hurt back....if its mbd it can be made better

Kendar

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
awww, he's so awesome!

I have one too, but she's tiny tiny

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the kinked back seals that this is MBD to me. petco would lie and say he broke his back, that or they are so stupid they dont know what MBD is
the bulging eyes are a pretty good sign of MBD too... :mad: