A true giant. (eventually...)

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Over the moon to be finally in possession of this species. True Scolopendra gigantea, and an adorable little juvie at that. Hopefully going to keep this thread updated with habitual notes, as well as documentation of growth and color change as time goes on. This is probably a tricolor, but who knows!

Currently keeping it on a blend of sand, peat, and topsoil; along with a little bit of sphagnum and leaflitter for a little variety in surface hides outside of the large piece of cork provided.

So far it's happily taken both supers and crickets, though it seemed to take a little more persuading to feed than some of the other pedes I've kept.

Attachments

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
Over the moon to be finally in possession of this species. True Scolopendra gigantea, and an adorable little juvie at that. Hopefully going to keep this thread updated with habitual notes, as well as documentation of growth and color change as time goes on. This is probably a tricolor, but who knows!

Currently keeping it on a blend of sand, peat, and topsoil; along with a little bit of sphagnum and leaflitter for a little variety in surface hides outside of the large piece of cork provided.

So far it's happily taken both supers and crickets, though it seemed to take a little more persuading to feed than some of the other pedes I've kept.
I don’t envy you at all....

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I don’t envy you at all....
I’m sure you don’t envy the chunk taken out of my bank account :rofl: hopefully these become more readily available and breeding goes well in the states. If this does end up tricolor, I’m also going to need a solid black...