A trip to the animal clinic...

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
... turns into a rescue.

I had to take Kamira in today, for her boosters, rabies, and some other shots. So, she has a clean bill of health... :cool:

Well, the lady that was there, she saw I had what appears to be Pitbulls.

Kamira, being a Pitbull/Catahoula. Then Hooch, being a Pitbull/Lab mix. I guess she assumed I was a chance at a "rescue" for a pitbull that they were about to have to put down.

The clinic I use, is mostly an animal hospital. They do have strays brought in form time to time. They have to hold the dogs for 5 days. Then they have a short time to adopt them out. Sealey has been there two weeks. They told me that her time is running out.

So, at first, I said I dont really have room, or time for another dog. But, I went and to a gander at her. Just to see what kind of temperment she had. I figured, maybe I might know someone who MIGHT be able to take her in.

Well, I got back to the kennels, & took a look. She was sitting in the back corner of the kennel. I thought, nah, she seems to skittish. But they lady asked me to hold on so she could get her out.

As soon as she opened the kennel, Sealey ran out, and was all like a pup... She aint to old, appears she might be around 2-3 years old. But acts like a baby. So... I brought her home with me. :eek:

Im a push over, I cant help it! :p I just couldnt sit there and let her get put to sleep... So, here is Sealey.

Now, I am not sure what she is mixxed with. But, she has the calmest disposition. :)

Anywho, thats my good deed for the day... ;P

peterock44

Arachnopeon
i have a similar story. a few weeks ago two pitbulls (at least what appear to be pitbulls) showed up at my door. we live sorta out in the sticks and people dump their animals out here all the time. they were both apprihensive at first as i put a bowl of food out for them. once that food was there though i was their immediate best friend. i couldnt bring them to the pound only to be put down so we let them stay in our yard till we found a rescue group or someone willing to give them a home. unfortunately our yard has a large hole in the fence that the landlord hasnt fixed yet, so they could roam at will. the male either got picked up by someone or a pack of coyotes got lured him out and got him. so now the little girl is allowed in the house and it appears that she is now ours. she is an absolute sweetheart, very trainable, and very people oriented.

so long story short im glad there are people out there like you redneck. these dogs do not deserve the negative rep that they have. i'll post a pic or two of cassidy if i can ever figure out how to post one.

or just click the link if it works, lol, the spinger is davey moore

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...164571660227069.36591.100000227072944&theater

pete

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have a similar story. a few weeks ago two pitbulls (at least what appear to be pitbulls) showed up at my door. we live sorta out in the sticks and people dump their animals out here all the time. they were both apprihensive at first as i put a bowl of food out for them. once that food was there though i was their immediate best friend. i couldnt bring them to the pound only to be put down so we let them stay in our yard till we found a rescue group or someone willing to give them a home. unfortunately our yard has a large hole in the fence that the landlord hasnt fixed yet, so they could roam at will. the male either got picked up by someone or a pack of coyotes got lured him out and got him. so now the little girl is allowed in the house and it appears that she is now ours. she is an absolute sweetheart, very trainable, and very people oriented.

so long story short im glad there are people out there like you redneck. these dogs do not deserve the negative rep that they have. i'll post a pic or two of cassidy if i can ever figure out how to post one.

or just click the link if it works, lol, the spinger is davey moore

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...164571660227069.36591.100000227072944&theater

pete
That is a good story Pete. I whole heartedly agree about the reputation these dogs have. Hooch, he is actually my mom's dog. He just wondered up. Well, there is actually a longer story behind him. But I wont go into that right now.

However, back in the day, my folks wouldnt even consider a pitbull as a pet, let alone have one on their property. Now, we have three pitbull mix dogs... {D Two are mine, one is my mom's.

To be honest, my mom prefers rotties. But, she cant afford to get one at the moment. Not since she had to take Hooch in and get his shots.

Oh, and your link didnt work. You can add me on FB. The name is Tommy Bowley. I have a picture of Sweet-Pea, my snake as a profile picture.

Rue

Arachnoknight
That's a wonderful thing you did! Lucky dog to have found you just in time.

We have two shelter dogs too...an American Bulldog...and a Catahoula X...(and a 3rd, but she's from a breeder).

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My aunt took in a corgi mix not long ago. She found it up in the hills, cowering by a tree when she and her son approached.

She wasn't spade and it looked like she had puppies at one point in time. My aunt thinks the owner may have dumped her and kept the puppies. She was also very hand shy; she'd bow her head when you were going to let her sniff you. Probably beaten, too. :mad:

I've visited since then. My Mom brought over a sweater for the dog that my little guy no longer fit in. The dog loves it! She sniffed it for a while and then had this proud prance about her walk and she did a couple fast orbits around the room with it on. :)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My aunt took in a corgi mix not long ago. She found it up in the hills, cowering by a tree when she and her son approached.

She wasn't spade and it looked like she had puppies at one point in time. My aunt thinks the owner may have dumped her and kept the puppies. She was also very hand shy; she'd bow her head when you were going to let her sniff you. Probably beaten, too. :mad:

I've visited since then. My Mom brought over a sweater for the dog that my little guy no longer fit in. The dog loves it! She sniffed it for a while and then had this proud prance about her walk and she did a couple fast orbits around the room with it on. :)
Awe! I hate people that beat dogs! That is comeplete horse poo!

Sadly, Sealey, has shown to be dog aggressive. Im not sure if it is new critter jitters, or what. But, I cant keep a dog aggressive dog. I honestly dont know how to, or if I can work out that issue.

The good news is. I have a friend, he has a good bit of land. He has been trying to get me to give him Kamira. (I cant do that! LoL!) He does not have any dogs. Not small animals or nothing.

Anyways, I just got off the phone with him a bit ago, he is interested in picking Sealey up.

I did save her from being put to sleep. I just cant keep her. But, I know I can trust this guy to give her the home I would. Plus, I can go out and visit her anytime I want. Just to see how she is doing. :)

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
She has the sweetest face!! All 3 of my dogs are rescue/stray pets. Congratulations on your new family member :)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you ll for the kind words.

I just wanted to update yall... Sealey, she has calmed down alot, she has taken to playing with the other dogs in the house.

Her aggression, I am going to chalk it up to the new critter jitters.

Tyler, my 16 year old Chihuahua, is very tempermental. He is old! {D But, Sealey, she tried playing with him. He only plays on his terms. So, he tried attacking her. Nothing serious. Just a bit of a growl. She didnt do anything back to him. Just looked at him, and walked away. :)

I am really happy to say she wont be going anywhere...

Oh, and more news...

The clinic I got her from, they failed to do a check up on her. Come to find out. She is pregnant. :eek:

I have not got her checked out to see for sure if she is. However, I felt little knots when rubbing her stomach. I didnt think nothing of it, until, one of said knots, moved. I thought, nah, surely that was just her insides... Well, I had my sister, & mom check. They both say they are almost 100% positive that she is pregnant.

So, I am going to take her to a clinic that will actually check her out.

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, what adventures you have been having! (You great Redneck pushover, you) Ok, now if she has 8 puppies...you can't keep them ALL. :D
I'm glad she has calmed down and things seem to be going well. Good luck with everything!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What a story! I hope things turn out well for you and Sealey!
Thanks... :)
Well, what adventures you have been having! (You great Redneck pushover, you) Ok, now if she has 8 puppies...you can't keep them ALL. :D
I'm glad she has calmed down and things seem to be going well. Good luck with everything!
Thanks! Your right, if she has 8, I cant keep them all. But, my sister can take 2 or three. Then I can keep the other 5 or 6... :D

peterock44

Arachnopeon
hey red did your new dog ever have pups? the pit that my gf and i rescued turned out to be pregnant as well. gave birth to 6, but sadly 1 didnt make it. so the remaining 5 are 2 week, 2 day old squirmy squeely lil buggers, but sooo dang cute. eyes are all open and they are starting to stand instead of crawl/scoot. got possible homes for 4 of them already so thats a good thing. anyway whats the update with yours?

pete

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No, she never had any. I took her in, and the vet. said either she was not prego, or already had a misscarrage if she was.

Either way, she is doing great.

I plan to take her, and Kamira up soon, and get them both spayed. Dont need no babies running around! :cool:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
that is actually true...a female coyote will stand on a hilltop and call the dog to them, while the rest of the pack hides in the shadows, until the dog gets to her, then they all rush and kill the dog...and its vice versa too..a male coyote will lure in a female dog....kinda off topic, but ive known about this and thought id share

the male either got picked up by someone or a pack of coyotes got lured him out and got him.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that is actually true...a female coyote will stand on a hilltop and call the dog to them, while the rest of the pack hides in the shadows, until the dog gets to her, then they all rush and kill the dog...and its vice versa too..a male coyote will lure in a female dog....kinda off topic, but ive known about this and thought id share

the male either got picked up by someone or a pack of coyotes got lured him out and got him.
What? ........

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yep its totally true...happened with someone i know's collie....the male stood on a hill top and called to her, and she went up and got ambushed....have heard it from some other people too..its probably their way of getting non coyotes out of their range...

What? ........

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yep its totally true...happened with someone i know's collie....the male stood on a hill top and called to her, and she went up and got ambushed....have heard it from some other people too..its probably their way of getting non coyotes out of their range...
I think Redneck was confused because you jumped in with a thought & didn't quote pete.

I had to read through for a while to figure out where on earth a wolf had come into the conversation.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah i accidentily messed up when i quoted...sorry bout the confusion...and it was a coyote..not wolf....i think that wolves will breed with tame dogs, and not kill them...

I think Redneck was confused because you jumped in with a thought & didn't quote pete.

I had to read through for a while to figure out where on earth a wolf had come into the conversation.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, I did not know that about the coyotes but it isn't new in the animal kingdom.

There's a species of firefly that cheat like that. The female actually mimics the distinct flashes of a different species of firefly to lure in males to eat!

I've also heard of someone's GBB female on here who tapped for the male and attacked him when she was approached.

May have even started as a fluke when the female coyote was calling to a mate of her own species and instead got someone's unfortunate mutt. Then they adapted this new technique. What better way to get a meal by luring it with the right bait?

Back on topic, Sealey may have not gotten enough nutrition for the developing puppies in her previous life. Glad she got a new one with you.
:D

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah i could have came about that way...

Wow, I did not know that about the coyotes but it isn't new in the animal kingdom.

There's a species of firefly that cheat like that. The female actually mimics the distinct flashes of a different species of firefly to lure in males to eat!

I've also heard of someone's GBB female on here who tapped for the male and attacked him when she was approached.

May have even started as a fluke when the female coyote was calling to a mate of her own species and instead got someone's unfortunate mutt. Then they adapted this new technique. What better way to get a meal by luring it with the right bait?

Back on topic, Sealey may have not gotten enough nutrition for the developing puppies in her previous life. Glad she got a new one with you.
:D