A trend I have been noticing as of late

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not trying to be a jerk,just honestly curious about this.Why has there been a bunch of users trying to trade extremely,EXTREMELY common spiders for EXTREMELY high end spiders in the classifieds as of late?Has anyone here ever sent someone a P.metallica sling for 5 albopilosum slings?There has been a ton of posts offering $3-5 dollar slings in 10 lots,or really common $30 females in exchange for super high end stuff,and it just has me wondering what the person that posted the add is thinking.Should I chalk it up to the latest batch of noobs that just do not know any better?(scratches head)If it is inexperience that is the culprit,I can understand it........Sorry for the post people,I just have had that on my mind all day.......and I am quite bored..

Last edited:

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Look at the join dates. That will solve your riddle. ;)

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What do you think ?

I wish I could share some of the many messages I recieve that are spot on this topic. The oddest one that comes to mind is 20 (RCF) rosehairs 1" for a female Megaphobema robustum, NO! was the reply. Message came back with a detailed explanation of how rare the rcf rosies are. I would like to think that this trend is derived from lack of knowledge. Just my 2cents.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Kevin,did Kelly ever send you that price list?If not,I am going to hogtie her.....Anyhow,I know I should have just chalked it up to inexperience in the first place. Heck,we ALL have been there and made our share of mistakes and flat out blunders.That said,first person that sends me a MF A.diversipes gets 10( Yes,TEN!!!) obt slings.......lol

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Kevin,did Kelly ever send you that price list?If not,I am going to hogtie her.....Anyhow,I know I should have just chalked it up to inexperience in the first place. Heck,we ALL have been there and made our share of mistakes and flat out blunders.That said,first person that sends me a MF A.diversipes gets 10( Yes,TEN!!!) obt slings.......lol
;P How about if I tell you it's a female and send you one of my FOUR mature males. ;) Back to the original topic: I'm sure most of them feel it doesn't hurt to ask or offer. I'm sure it won't take them long without a response to figure out they've over-estimated the worth of their offer. Diane

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
But.. But..

I must say worth is dictated by the valuation of the user.

Once people begin not caring about a $200 item, the item is now not worth $200.

If at one point everyone valued RCF Rosie's the price would jump based on the valuation of the hobby/group.

I know we all know these simple facts but who says a Rosie is valued less than a Metallica? We do, that's who, and until the day we as a body of buyers and sellers agree that is false; prices will remain based on that proposed worth.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I noticed it too, but who cares? They aren't ever going to get what they wanted for what they offered, unless there is someone crazy enough out there to complete that deal. I know of the proposed trades you're talking about and yes, they may seem ridiculous, but again, who cares? I understand your rant but posting it in the chat isn't going to change anything. Maybe they just posted the ads in hopes they could come away with a sweet deal? Maybe they aren't as noobish as you say, or maybe they are... lol

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I noticed it too, but who cares? They aren't ever going to get what they wanted for what they offered, unless there is someone crazy enough out there to complete that deal. I know of the proposed trades you're talking about and yes, they may seem ridiculous, but again, who cares? I understand your rant but posting it in the chat isn't going to change anything. Maybe they just posted the ads in hopes they could come away with a sweet deal? Maybe they aren't as noobish as you say, or maybe they are... lol
I posted out of boredom.That is all. A conversation about this is better than what I was doing at the time.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

;P How about if I tell you it's a female and send you one of my FOUR mature males. ;) Back to the original topic: I'm sure most of them feel it doesn't hurt to ask or offer. I'm sure it won't take them long without a response to figure out they've over-estimated the worth of their offer. Diane
Diane,I would take one of your MM's anyday...