A thought I had about owning a c.lividus

Nibbles

Arachnopeon
I’ve seen comments on YouTube from people just starting out in the hobby who said they got one as their first T because they liked its appearance. I don’t like that at all.

At least for myself, my main concern isn’t even the temperament. I have no fear, understanding the temperament of an animal, I’ll respond accordingly. What bothers me about it is the higher skill requirement to take care of one. If you get a T that you don’t have sufficient knowledge to properly take care of, that’s not very fair to the spider.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
You are right but let me tell you, you should, actually, have always a more bigger 'space' for concern about their temperament. As I've said before in your other thread, those T's (all the former 'Haplos' in general) are extremely defensive. Trust me :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I’ve seen comments on YouTube from people just starting out in the hobby who said they got one as their first T because they liked its appearance. I don’t like that at all.

At least for myself, my main concern isn’t even the temperament. I have no fear, understanding the temperament of an animal, I’ll respond accordingly. What bothers me about it is the higher skill requirement to take care of one. If you get a T that you don’t have sufficient knowledge to properly take care of, that’s not very fair to the spider.
Too few think like you!

Nibbles

Arachnopeon
You are right but let me tell you, you should, actually, have always a more bigger 'space' for concern about their temperament. As I've said before in your other thread, those T's (all the former 'Haplos' in general) are extremely defensive. Trust me :)
That makes sense to have more space for them. Oh for sure I don’t doubt your words in the slightest

Too few think like you!
I don’t know where it came from, but I’m glad I do 😆

JonnyTorch

Arachnotwit
understanding the temperament of an animal, I’ll respond accordingly. What bothers me about it is the higher skill requirement
Their temperament is the majority of the skill requirement for this species. Saying you'd "respond accordingly" is an understatement. These guys will chase you and bite anything.

Nibbles

Arachnopeon
Their temperament is the majority of the skill requirement for this species. Saying you'd "respond accordingly" is an understatement. These guys will chase you and bite anything.
Oh I see. That I did not realize, and it’s clear I don’t understand the temperament enough at all! Exactly why I wouldn’t try to own one currently

0311usmc

Arachnobaron

Higher skill huh? They require moist dirt and a lot of substrate so they can burrow. Pretty easy if you ask me.