A Tarantulas Skeleton

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
Did you guys know that their skeletons actually look like this? Spirit Halloween store is reputable, I swear on my Halloween costume.
20161029_170426.jpg

Bugmom

Arachnolord
I shake my head every time I see the tarantula and scorpion skeletons. It's basic freaking biology. But then again, it's also just a Halloween decoration. There's lots things you see & do on Halloween that you otherwise wouldn't: zombies, rats with glowing eyes, witches, werewolves, goblins, willpower to avoid eating candy from strangers...

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
What I want to know is why it only has two eyes. :watchingyou:

Graves6661

Arachnosquire
I pointed one of these decorations out to my girlfriend. I jokingly complained about how this is anatomically incorrect and she simply replied "you must be a joy at halloween parties" o_O

Paulhodgkinson

Arachnopeon
are they aware at the Louvre that one of their most famous works of art is currently sat on the floor at a Halloween shop?

truecreature

Arachnoknight
Meh, I've always just figured that they're their own spooky bone-monster thing instead of supposedly representing what an actual spider/scorpion's skeleton looks like. I think I remember coming across bone spiders in a video game once too for example.

They also make dog skeletons that have their ears and noses which people like to make fun of, but obviously the designers don't actually think dogs' ears are made out of bone. It's just a neat stylistic choice that IMO gives them more character and makes them more recognizable as dogs. I have like 8 so far and can't stop collecting them...somebody help me

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have both the spider and scorpion skeletons and I love them! I use them in the classroom as visual aids when I teach the kids about exoskeletons. First I show them the plastic "skeletons" and ask how many of them think that's what arthropods look like on the inside, then I explain to them about exoskeletons and molting. I show them a set of arthropod x-rays (https://www.amazon.com/Insect-X-rays-and-Picture-Cards/dp/B0012RMOM2) and break out some real insect and tarantula molts that they can see and touch.