A spoiled rotten JoObEr... aka. redfoot tort

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My sweet rescue girl, Joob, outside...

She still likes rocks! :rolleyes:

but peaches and papaya from "Mom's" fingers are even tastier! :D

She's doing sooo much better than when I first got her. No more dead fish or worms, all veggies and fruits with the occasional slug or bit of cat food that I prepare for her (the cat food, not the slugs.. they're all her!)

Her carapace looks a little better, but still could improve a ton! The petstore she was in really did a doozy on her health. :(

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Joob looks like she just got out of prison and has gone to Hawaii! ..taking it easy behind the grass there in the first pic. Tortoises rock! I miss the Sulcata that busted out of my gate:( . Kind of cool to watch him walk around the backyard eating grass.

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh she is soooo cute!! I want one so much. Wish I had more room in my house. She's a great little girl, good luck with her!

Jen

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks! :)

Adults can get in the range of 10" to 15", healthy. Joob may meet this size range or she may not... she had a hard start in life and her growth pattern was jeopardized due to poor husbandry (in both diet and environment).

Hopefully, I caught her situation in time (I was asked to rescue her) and she will continue to improve. She certainly seems healthier and happier, and her vet sees quite an improvement.

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
thanks i love turtles but unfortunatly i cant keep torts because no room.
do they like to dig??

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Joob is not a big diggin' nut, but she does find some interesting places to hide from me in the backyard :D

The other day, I put her in the garden and snapped a couple pics. I came in the house for about 5 minutes and then went back out there with her.... but where's Joob? :eek: Usually, I will find her behind the water reserve tank.. peeking around at me :rolleyes: or underneath a larger herb or one of the geraniums or something... not this time.

I got a little panicky... went next door and told my neighbors I needed to wander around in their backyard for a bit cuz Joob was "on the go". No problem. No Joob either.. so now, panic was really getting a grip on me. She's never ventured out of the garden.. I didn't even think she could, actually.

I alerted my neighbors on the other side, the guy across the street and so on and got out the big MagLite. There's a trap door to underneath our place on one side... it was barely gapped open about 2" ...too small for her to get through, but I was desperate to find her. She's not 100% healthy and needs special care, so I was imagining the worst by then. Armed with the bright light, I go halfway under the house and halfway out... calling :rolleyes: and looking over every nook and cranny under there... no Joob!

Something made me look closer in the compost bin behind where I was just crawling around on my belly... and I saw a butt! Yep! A tortie butt! She had been in the compost bin all the while I was running around in tears, by the end, and calling for her... as if she would come running. {D

I think I even saw a little smirk on her face when I retrieved her... full of compost "goodies" ;P

Barbedwirecat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
AWWW that make me miss my Remy. Damn breeders shipping hatchinlings too early *sniff*