a - seemanni

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi are a- seemanni prone to stress ? and Quite aggressive as some BOOKS i have say or do you good guys and girls know if thats right or not thanks -- phil

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hi are a- seemanni prone to stress ? and Quite aggressive as some BOOKS i have say or do you good guys and girls know if thats right or not thanks -- phil
no more prone to stress than most other T's. just like ALL spiders...the dont want to be picked up or messed with. they arent agressive as much as defensive. they will kick at you and throw a threat display if cornered...hope this helps.:D

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks i see what you mean how about P- CANCERIDES are they just as nice LOL -- thanks phil

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
no more prone to stress than most other T's. just like ALL spiders...the dont want to be picked up or messed with. they arent agressive as much as defensive. they will kick at you and throw a threat display if cornered...hope this helps.:D
i disagree.

this is the only species i have seen do a venom dripping threat, ever. this is one of the only species that i don't really even bother to check if they want to be handled. i'll do my poecs, heteroscodra, and pterinochilus before i'd try to handle my adult female Aphonopelma. not from the perspective of me getting hurt... but the spiders injuring themselves. and spiders are with established burrow systems that one has been living in for almost two years... not just thrown in a cage with a hide seemani.

they also seem to typically react to stress with disproportionate vigor than almost all the other species i have kept.

i've also had adults just never take to a cage and wither on me. could be a problem with the import process but i could be a sign of "nervousness".

now, i'll readily grant my observations are based on something like 5 adult females, a male i sexed at a show and raised from prepenultimate, and a number of slings ranging from ~1.5" up so it is not a huge number... but almost categorically they were all what i woudl term nervous.

certainly their will be calm ones... but it seems like on the average case they are more likely to be nervous than some other species

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have three of them and none of mine do any venom dripping threat but they all love and are quick to get up and give me a hi five all the time. My avatar is a subadult male seemanni and I saw him in that pose more than on all eight legs and 4 out of 5 times, it was totally unprevoked.

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I only have two, but they are 2 of my more skittish T's. Neither of them have ever haired me, though.....they just want to run away and not be bothered. Of coarse, I only see the front feet of one of them for maybe 3 months a year, the rest of the time s/he is burrowed in and fasting!

tarangela2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I only have two, but they are 2 of my more skittish T's. Neither of them have ever haired me, though.....they just want to run away and not be bothered.
i agree, more skittish than aggressive and will flick hair with little or no provocation

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I've only had mine a week. She was more 'skittich' than the other 2 T's I've got. TBH I've not seen her much as on the second a quite amazing burrow had been dug, then extended on the third night. Infact over the week I think I've seen her toes twice. This morning the entrance has been blocked over with substrate.