A. Seemanni

AlienVnicorn570

Arachnopeon
Okay, so early morning on the 9th I took my zebra out of her cage to transport the tank to another location. She ended up jumping off the side of the tank and onto the floor trying to avoid the catch cup. It was about a 3½-4 ft drop. When I moved the table she was on her legs and scurried to a corner and I was able to get her in the cup. She was in the cup for about an hour or so and she was just still with her front legs on the side of the plastic. I put her back in the tank and she scurried into her burrow. What has me worried is that I've offered her food since the day before, varying sizes, and she won't take. Her last meal was only about a week ago, but she always takes food. Today, the 10th, she was out of the burrow, squished between the side of the tank and her plastic hide (just to climb on, her burrow is in the corner.) She isn't curled. The only factor besides the fact that she fell is that our ac went out and it was about 85 in my house all night. But Temps are normal again, and her tank is between 70-75. She moves on her own, its just strange to see her out of her burrow.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Probably fine. Do future maintenance inside a second enclosure or lower to the ground to avoid injury or death.

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
It is very dangerous for a T to fall that far, but it sounds like you were lucky. About not taking food, could be for lots of normal and unconcerning reasons, such as entering premolt.

cold blood

Staff member
Ts will eventually stop eating once they have eaten enough, its perfectly normal if its plump.