A. seemanni shredded molt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I would like to post a proper picture in exuviae sexing, but the molt is so badly shredded I’m not sure which piece I should even look at, so I’m posting it as a video here and hopefully someone can tell me if the first, second, or third section is the proper one. I think the first one is, but I can’t tell very well. Is it just too shredded to tell? The piece with the legs attached is right side up, so the underside is one of the other two pieces. Please help I’m not very good at this. 4” Aphonopelma seemanni

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
The big piece at 1:08. Take a photo of that area and of that side and that should do it.

I may be mistaken but i think i see a spermatheca there? The video quality kinda throws me off,a photo posted in the spermatheca sexing media gallery will be needed

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
The big piece at 1:08. Take a photo of that area and of that side and that should do it.

I may be mistaken but i think i see a spermatheca there? The video quality kinda throws me off,a photo posted in the spermatheca sexing media gallery will be needed
Yes that last but section with the legs attached the molt is right side up, so I’m pretty sure it’s the wrong side. I posted a picture there but I was unsure if it was even the right section. Here’s the photo I posted there. I’m pretty sure this is the outside though, like the part you would photograph for ventral sexing. 5404FFA2-D2A0-4F9B-ABF7-7A4C0F71956B.png

Is it the two little flaps here im looking for or should there be a big white flap?

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Is it the two little flaps here im looking for or should there be a big white flap?

At 4'' there should be a spermathecae that should start to be or already infused/scelorized. What you're pulling on is the male accessory organs or what males use to create sperm webs once mature. At that size of molt, is it a mature male yet with bulbous pedipalps?

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
At 4'' there should be a spermathecae that should start to be or already infused/scelorized. What you're pulling on is the male accessory organs or what males use to create sperm webs once mature. At that size of molt, is it a mature male yet with bulbous pedipalps?
I believe it does have rounded pedipalps but I haven’t tried to disturb him since he molted around 2 days ago.

edit: this is what he looks like now. I don’t know if this species hooks out but I don’t see any tibial hooks. The molt measured 4.5” even. Would he be ready to go to a breeder or should I wait? F5505BFB-0DE3-44B1-A685-8FB688AE3208.jpeg DB763C0B-393A-4E45-9C15-5C7A413CAA73.jpeg

Last edited:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I believe it does have rounded pedipalps but I haven’t tried to disturb him since he molted around 2 days ago.

edit: this is what he looks like now. I don’t know if this species hooks out but I don’t see any tibial hooks. The molt measured 4.5” even. Would he be ready to go to a breeder or should I wait? View attachment 382519 View attachment 382520
No that's not a mature specimen if it is a male.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
No that's not a mature specimen if it is a male.
I do believe it’s a male but he is relatively large. I’ll wait until he molts again and keep an eye out for hooks and such. Thanks again!

cold blood

Staff member
The question has been answered, a final sexing pic and discussion need to be posted within the appropriate sexing section of the gallery.

Status
Not open for further replies.