A seemanni...pic

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not my newest pic by far but one of my best. Well actually the only stinking pic on my site that my wife took. lol
A seemanni ( Costa rican zebra ) adult female. Often overlooked but these guys are awesome freshly molted. enjoy
Phil

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Hey, that is a good pic - I take it you gave it to Kelly to use on his site as I've been looking at it there and wondering if I really want to get one of these. I have heard that they can be very jumpy and quick to shoot out of their containers unexpectedly - is this true?

Gail

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah he has a couple of my pics up...

Kelly has borrowed a couple of pics yes and yes that is one of them. Glad ya like it and no they aren't as jumpy as they are made out to be. Certainly not like a poke or a baby versi. Once they get some size on them and fatten up they slow down a lot. If you don't have one I would get one they are great pet spiders. Phil

sabre

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my seemanni can be jumpy at times but not as jumpy as she is aggressive, surprisingly aggressive. one time while i was refilling the water bowl she ran over, reared up and actually bit the bottle i was pouring the water from. other times when i go to move something or to take a uneaten cricket out she'll lash at me with her front legs or start flicking hairs. she's a picky eater too, went 7 months without eating, ate about 5 within a week and now is fasting again...

but they are a nice looking tarantula, i would recommend them.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I have two. One is a large mature female. She scuttles a bit every time her container is moved/bumped, untopped etc., but quickly calms down after that. The other one is a medium sized juvie who is very fast and very flighty. I am hoping it will calm down as well.

Cheers,
Dave