A. seemanni home

Fraek

Arachnopeon
I have a A. seemanni spiderling. He/she likes to burrow (duh). At the moment he is in a tall slender tube, so when he burrows (since he has no floor space), I can see him in his burrow. He is getting a bit too big for it now and I need to upgrade him. I want to get a tall skinny candle holder for him, so I can still see him when he burrows.

Good or bad idea?

Any other suggestions so I can still see my little guy? I worry when I can't see him. :p

Thanks!

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would not restrict him to something with so little room. As it gets larger, how are you going to give it a water dish in an enclosure like that. Misting and moisture from the food will not be enough for a larger terrestrial like the seemannii. Most T's, when they burrow, like it dark and if they sense a lot of light, all the walls that you could look in to see the T will probably be webbed up so think you wont be able to see in anyway. Do the medium Kritter Keeper of a five gallan tank. Plenty of room for a nice private hide and a nice big water dish. Just my opinion. ;)

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
IME, A. seemanni with large terrariums will usually end up digging part of their burrow along the side of the terrarium. None of our 4 largest females ever web much on the inside of their burrows, so it is usually pretty easy to spot them by shining a flash light through the side of the terrarium.