A. seemanni hasn't eaten.

casserole

Arachnopeon
Hi there, so I know tarantulas will sometimes go months without accepting food but...
My A. seemanni hasn't eaten in about 1.5 years. When we first brought him home, he was eating really well, about once every couple of weeks. When he started refusing food, I assumed he was in pre-molt. He also got much angrier, started throwing up threat posture for the first time, etc. But it's been 18 months and he hasn't molted and is still displaying the same behavior.
He's maybe 3" long, and to be fair I don't actually know the sex, we just refer to it as "him". He's still moving around, webbing, and all that good stuff.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
you are doing the right things, it is either an epic pre molt or an epic fast

casserole

Arachnopeon
20201023_130340.jpg

I know you can't see the booty well in this picture, but it's healthy looking. Hasn't gotten much smaller and definitely isn't shriveled or anything. And yeah he always has access to water! Thanks for all the replies, it's just crazy to think something can just not eat for over a year. I'll keep trying every couple of weeks!

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Needs much more substrate but i don't see anything concerning as far as your spider's appearance goes.

Sterls

Arachnobaron
As long as the abdomen is plump, don't fret. I would add more sub though.

Mine takes a while to adjust when rehoused, but eventually digs like a gopher. If you provide it more sub, it might feel more secure and start eating again.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
He's still plump so that's pretty wild. Not so sure its a male but hard to tell.

Almadabes

Arachnoknight
My A. seemanni just molted but took a very long time as well... not 18 months but.

I would say just make sure it has water and try a feed every 2 weeks or so, (normally I'd say a week but I'd leave yours alone more often since its been so long. perhaps it is close)

If you haven't already, try different feeders.