A. Seemanni for Dummies

BooyaTarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey Everybody,

I just got my A. Seemanni a week and a half ago, and it seems like everything is going well. She is still quiete young and is only around 2 1/2 inches, but I have not noticed much burrowing behavior and I am wondering if this is because I have not given her enough substrate to work with or whether I should purchase something for her to burrow underneath. I had a few pieces of artificial foliage planted which she systematically tore down and occasionally can be found under, and she HAS dug herself a bit of a pit, since the substrate is only 3 inches deep she reached the bottom and sits in there occasionally. Am I doing anything wrong? Also, she has been eating around 3 cricks per day since I got her, and now she is slowing down a lot and not attacking with vigor, but she still eats them when they are foolish enough to present themselves to her jaws. I read that it is a bad thing to "powerfeed" so I was hoping for a little clarity on the matter. Oh yeah, this is my first T so... take it easy on me if I am doing something wrong? Gorgeous animals though, I could stare at her tank all day.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Number one, you have to let her get use to her new home. She's starting to calm down and get comfy and that is why she's slowing down. Second, if the surface of you substrate is around 5 inches from the lid, I would get her a hide to get under. If it's more then you need to add substrate until it is and I would still give her a hide. A hide is easy to build around and it can't collapse on her. Feed her one or two crickets a week until she stops eating or untill the abdomen is around the same size as the thorax. Then you can feed her as she looks like she needs it or not feed her if she goes into premolt and you'll know when that happens because obviously she'll stop eating.