A. seemanni (dark form)

Jonathan Rice

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A. seemanni (blue form)

I can't decide whether this is a million times better than the light brown/gray color form.. or a billion times better?

Either way, it's stunning! I don't know how many PMs I sent out to dealers asking if their zebras (A.seemannis') were the dark color forms, and only a few replied. All my friends say they're so easy to find but I guess I just don't have luck finding these!

What do you think? :?

Last edited:

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i bet you it moults in under 2 months

very nice though. great picture

Jonathan Rice

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Not my picture but my female looks strickingly similar. I love seemannis like this! Just wondering if anyone else does..

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Is this not the A. seemani (blue phase)?

It looks exactly like mine, when I get to see it.

NeitherSparky

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
In my opinion its a skillion times better. ;) Lol. I just think the dark ones, the darker the better, are more attractive.

mandolin101

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Jeez, take it easy folks. There are owners of the lighter phase of seemani's here too you know :}. I have heard of light brown seemani's molting into adarker phase, and have been hoping that will be the case with my female. Has anyone else heard of this?

NeitherSparky

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Lol, sorry. :razz: I mean, I don't have one or anything, I just think the darker ones are more attractive. My one and only t is very plain-looking (well not so much after her molt this morning, and she had a very bald butt before too) but I've always loved her regardless.

I have definitely heard of a seemanis changing color when they molt. Both ways, actually.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
A. seemani pre-moult:

Same spider post-moult:

As you can see their colour changes drastically throughout the moult cycle. She browned out quite a bit again before her next moult. I don't believe there are "dark form" A. seemani, just different stages of the moult cycle.:) But that is a very nice spider that you have there.

mandolin101

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awesome!

Thats great news. I cant wait till my girl molts, lol. In that case, since I wont be talking smack about my own spider, I think the dark phase looks cooler too :}

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Wow, I guess I'd never given the "two color phases" issue much thought I got an adult female a few months ago on very short notice. Based on the conditions she was in with her previous owner, I'm assuming that she's wildcaught as well.

She's definitely the dark form. These pics were taken as she was settling into her tank. She molted within a month.

Unfortunately, the one time she's been seen outside of her burrow post-molt, I was out of town. :wall: I knew she'd do that to me. I had my family take a picture, but it didn't come out very well.

Leiurus87

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine browns out considerably before a molt then emerges with a black abdomen, blue tinted front 4 legs and pink stripes.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i think its important for dealers/breeders to distinguish between the dif types of seemani in the hobby.to my knowledge all seemani sold here in the us are just labeld as a.seemani.wether or not the different color forms are actually dif species or most likely regional varients i think its important to keep these labeled properly to avoid mixing the color forms

mandolin101

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Does anyone here know for certain whether there are two morphs or whether certain conditions might effect color?