A. seemanni blue form

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
What's better than an A. seemanni blue form added to your collection? A FREE A.seemanni :D One of my gf's friends messaged her on FB last night asking if she was interested in this tarantula. She calls me at work and I'm all for it. I've been wanting one for a year now but have put it off for other reasons. It's unsexed, but due to the size, I'm thinking female since there are no hooks. It recently molted but the woman forgot to bring us the molt when we met her to get it.

A.seemanni1.jpg A.seemanni2.jpg

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Nice freebie! I just started looking into A. seemani, really like the blue on this one.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
What's better than an A. seemanni blue form added to your collection? A FREE A.seemanni :D One of my gf's friends messaged her on FB last night asking if she was interested in this tarantula. She calls me at work and I'm all for it. I've been wanting one for a year now but have put it off for other reasons. It's unsexed, but due to the size, I'm thinking female since there are no hooks. It recently molted but the woman forgot to bring us the molt when we met her to get it.

View attachment 238916 View attachment 238917
What a beauty, I would be sketched out if they had the molt and forgot it, but that T definitely looks female.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Nice, regardless if it's a male or female that's a great T for free.

Congratulations.

Leila

Arachnobaron
Aww, congrats!! :) Yet another stunning T added to your collection. I am so jealous!!:happy:

kevinlowl

Arachnoknight
Man, a free(!) adult(!!) A. Seemanni(!!!)? Nice catch there! ;)

Btw, where's the blue? o_O I see a lot of tarantulas people sell touting blue coloration but when I look at it it's just black, or brown.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Btw, where's the blue? o_O I see a lot of tarantulas people sell touting blue coloration but when I look at it it's just black, or brown.
The blue is understated in this species, more like the metallic grey of "blue" mammals.

In contrast, the brown variation of Aphonopelma seemanni:

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
So far I have noticed that she is a legit pet rock out in the open, not skittish nor defensive yet (still not gonna put my hands in there to fully test that theory) goes after roaches like it's the first meal she's ever had in her life (she ate 3 red runners yesterday) she has webbed a bit which is always a bonus of any tarantula you own ^_^ (my gf and I love the heavy webbing species)