A.seemanni advice

r_cafin

Arachnopeon
i was wondering if any of you have A.seemanni...if you do what kind of advice could you give me as to what this spider needs to survive in my care..i have been looking at different species and would like to add this one to my collection...any insight would help..caging,humidity,etc or personal findings you have had with this species as i think this would be another great addition to my small but growing collection...and who ever said it..these tarantulas are very addiciting you cant just have one...and i love it...Ryan;)

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
good choice. this is one of my favorites, and was my 2nd t. i keep mine in a sweater box with 6" of peat/vermiculite mix. 80-85% humidity. mine is a bit skittish. she has allowed me to handle her a few times, but will readily kick hairs. she prefers to run rather than fight, and does so quite quickly. she spends most of her time in a burrow i premade for her, by putting a piece of domed roofing tile in, and burrying it on kind of a slant, leaving a cavelike burrow with an arch shaped opening. hope that helped and good luck.

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'll second the vote for giving A. seemani deep substrate. Ours would pace her enclosure constantly when we only gave her about 3 inches. She was given to us by someone who was tired of her escaping. Once we gave her the 6-8 inches of substrate with one of our stone burrows, she dug an elaborate series of tunnels going all the way to the bottom. She also stays in her burrow a lot, but luckily it is all along the glass. They are worth having just to see them dig a burrow.