A seemani problem

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was thinking that this would pass so I have not written about it yet but I have a problem with my Zebra.

I have had her for almost 2 months now. She was a pet shop rescue and she is a very fiesty little girl. The problem is it's been 2 moths now almost and she still has not eaten.

How long can they go without eating? Her abdomen is starting to look a little small now. Not really shrivelled but just small.

I have tried crickets and small bits of chicken breast. I am thinking about trying something else like a pinky or something but I suspect she will turn her nose up at that as well.

Anybody got any suggestions? And when should I really start to worry about this?

-Charlie

sabre

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the longest mine has gone without eating was 7 months, she just finished another 2 month fast.

i wouldn't worry about it, just remember to keep a bowl of water out for her.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
My A seemanni is weird like that as well.
This is a pet shop spider too. He molted the week I bought him, almost died, and didn't eat for about that length of time after molting. He's molted once more since I've had him, and seems to be fasting once more.
His abdomen is not as plump as I'd like it, but he doesn't look like he's starving or anything.
Must be a reason she's not eating, and as long as she is not shriveled, she's probably ok. I worry too though, when they go that long without eating!

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Charlie,
I'd try the pinky. It'll only cost ya about .99 cents. You never know, the movement of the pinky might do the trick. If not, just feed it to another T. You could also try beef heart.
Good luck.

Ernie

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My A seemanni is weird like that as well.
hey holly, you calling it a him for the heck of it, or is it really a male? if so i have a lonely mature female im aching to breed...;)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
nope, he's a he...but not mature!
I wish he was, because I know you need a male. He's a slow growing little bugger, that's for sure, but definately a male.
He will go out on a breeding loan, like all my males do, once he's mature, so I'll post about it when it happens!

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you!

Thank you all very much. You have made me feel better.

Although I must say that I wont feel totally at ease untill I see her take a cricket or something.

-Charlie.

By the way, Mr T I think I will try the pinky soon.