A. seemani looking pale and not eating

AnansiBoy97

Arachnopeon
Hey there,

So my A.seemani has grown pale (photos don’t show it as much) and hasn’t eaten for a couple months. I’m not too fussed by the fasting, but the paleness concerns me, as does the bald spot on her abdomen. She was slightly balding, and I assumed it was her generally laying hairs down, as she doesn’t kick them at me personally and I’ve never seen her do so.
Any ideas on what this can mean?
I’ve attached photos of her currently, and one to show her bald patches from a few weeks ago. Since then, her abdomen is now mostly bald, but I can’t get photos at the moment.

Side note: Husbandry is fine to me, the photos show her in a more terrestrial set up, but she likes to burrow and has got burrows underneath and around coming out through the cork tube and bark pieces. She doesn’t like it dry, so her substrate is kept moist. Temp is around 75f. Wanders about quite a bit at night as if looking for food, but doesn’t eat anything offered. Tried dubias, locusts, morios and grubs.

1B6B4E29-B39D-4354-9B00-B400E2ED137C.jpeg

Got her out of her hide to see the bald spot

Attachments

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
It looks ok based on pics. Couldn't tell if you needed more substrate or not. If the abdomen is plump I wouldn't fuss too much.

AnansiBoy97

Arachnopeon
It looks ok based on pics. Couldn't tell if you needed more substrate or not. If the abdomen is plump I wouldn't fuss too much.
She has 4inches at the front and 7 at the back, plus the cork branches supporting her burrows.
Thanks 🤘🏻

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
As with many tarantula species, colors fade as they get further from their last molt. She'll likely get even duller looking as she gets closer to a molt. It's totally normal, so don't worry.

Although this species does like moisture, just make sure you're not keeping it too moist. The entire substrate doesn't need to be soaked, just keep the lower levels and her burrow a little damp.