A. seemani coloring

PDX_Tarantulas

Arachnopeon
I have read that people find black and brown Aphonopelma seemani, Costa Rican Zebra, tarantulas in the wild living side by side. Others seem to imply that black ones live in one location and brown ones another.

My almost mature A seemani was brown and molted to a fine deep black. Is it possible for them to change colors? Maybe diet or moisture, or some other environmental influence might cause them to molt into different colors...??

Comments?

PDX

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Some one please correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think there is a brown A.Seemanni. Many T's will turn colors when close to molting. After the molt is when your seeing what they look like.
My H.Gigas after a molt is jet black, within a month it starts to fade a bit. till its a rusty red color. and she gets quite dingy a few months prior to molting.
I could be wrong but I think the only two forms are black and a blue A. Seemanni.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You can see photos at: http://spiders.cdbpdx.com/NEWBIE/

Has photos take June 10, 2007 up to July 10, 2007

PDX
From what i've read here on the boards, those pics depict a typical A. seemanni. They usually molt out with dark new clothes than fade back to brown until they molt again and the process repeats itself. The 'blue' form i have read of is supposed to stay dark even in between molts. Here is a pic of a blue color form A. seemanni.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=90394

i have four tiny slings from the female T pictures above and am curious how they will turn out as i have never had a blue color form A. seemanni before.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i dont know i heard there are some from costa rica and some from venezula and the ones from costa rica are black and the venezulan ones are brown . but my brown one molted to black and is nearing another molt and is still black. Also A. anax i have seen stay brown after a molt until they reach about a 4" leg span then molt out black with a tanish gray carapace

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It's like the DCF H. lividum tho. (i know they come from Burma!) But if you look at a NCF lividum freshly moulted... it's the same as a DCF then it lightens up as it hardens... coincidence?

Colour forms confuse a lot of things lol