A. seemani and roaches

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Feeding seemani can be annoying as it's hiding in a deep burrow and extracting big food that she doesn't eat is problematic. Is there some convenient way of feeding big Madagascar roaches to her?

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Crush its head and drop it at the burrows entrance. With a crushed head it will still twitch like crazy and lure the T out for the kill if she is hungery.
But as far as getting out un eaten or remains from a burrow, all you can do it watch for mite outbreaks and treat them accordingly. Your not going to rip up the burrow every time you cant find the remains.

And I just had to fumble around and make up the meaning of B**** to my little sister so please try and avoid such words.

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
eh... alrighty, i would imagine there was some filter or smthng. oh well

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
And I just had to fumble around and make up the meaning of B**** to my little sister so please try and avoid such words.
did you tell her it was the proper word for a female dog, but used as a vulgar slang for somethign difficult, be it person , place or thing?

and actually dog is a male and b**** is female as the proper terms, but again since people use them for vulgar slang its generally only used amoung breeders. Spanish is ( i hate to say this) better in that regard as perra and perro is the same word just gender specific.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Feeding seemani can be annoying as it's hiding in a deep burrow and extracting big food that she doesn't eat is problematic. Is there some convenient way of feeding big Madagascar roaches to her?
mine dont burrow they stay in thier hides most of the time tho. And neither will eat a roach of anykind , so if yours eat them at all count it as a blessing:p

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
did you tell her it was the proper word for a female dog, but used as a vulgar slang for somethign difficult, be it person , place or thing?

and actually dog is a male and b**** is female as the proper terms, but again since people use them for vulgar slang its generally only used amoung breeders. Spanish is ( i hate to say this) better in that regard as perra and perro is the same word just gender specific.
Yes well shes 9 my parents would kill me if she repeated it. They are Religious to the T.
It would litterally be the end of the world. So I hope she forgets. :(

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yes well shes 9 my parents would kill me if she repeated it. They are Religious to the T.
It would litterally be the end of the world. So I hope she forgets. :(
lol i can understand that, i really hate how words that have legitimate useage have been used as a vulgarity and now always are seen as vulgar. and GAY MEANS HAPPY

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
how much should i crush its head? As in steamroller crushed or what?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well you crush it enough to where they roach cant burrow or run, then when you put it in the tank lay it on its back so it twitches and moves.
It might take a few times to figure out just how much to crush them, if you do it to much they wont move at all, to little and they will still get away and dig. Trial and error.

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know they are cheaper usually. I was at a far-away local store shopping for tids and bits and I figures it was cheaper to buy just two hissers there then order any amount online. I only want to try them out anyway. I am not interested in getting more anytime soon but I will give you a shout when I do.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yikes. I use Dubia........... softer armor more meat, and about 25 bucks for 100.

Cerbera

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As people have said before, some seemanni are completely rubbish about what they'll tackle, and roaches are usually too large for them. But their remains are so much easier to see... I'm lucky in that mine is fairly tidy, excavates a 'bin area', and then dumps everything she eats, leftovers-wise, in that...

I stick with crickets for mine though, as she runs away from them less than she does roaches.

If on the other hand, as mine used to do, she eats everything down deep in burrow-land, then I find that keeping that end of her tank fairly dry does a more than reasonable job of controlling any nasties that might grow on remains. Once the burrow is built, and stably lined with webbing, mine seems entirely happy with an almost dry substrate at the burrow end, and only occasionally feels the need to wander the other end, where I usually overflow the water bowl by the heat mat, creating more humidity and workable earth for her to excavate, should she feel the need...

Great spiders - so many different personalities, and a new one every moult :)