A. seemani, aaargghh!

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
Its almost been two months since my possible female A. seemani sealed up her burrow. I have been peaking at her through a "window" in her burrow and she finally molted! Now it's been almost a week and she still hasn't opened up yet to eat. I would have thought her fangs would be hard by now. Aaarrgghh I'm so Impatient! Lol

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Its almost been two months since my possible female A. seemani sealed up her burrow. I have been peaking at her through a "window" in her burrow and she finally molted! Now it's been almost a week and she still hasn't opened up yet to eat. I would have thought her fangs would be hard by now. Aaarrgghh I'm so Impatient! Lol
Two months!? You're much more patient than I! My pulchra sling doesn't leave its burrow for four days and I start to have irrational thoughts that it's dead :zipit: Don't worry, she'll come out while you're sleeping ;)

Draketeeth

Arachnoknight
Aphonopelmas like to vanish apparently. It's been five months since my A hentzi went underground. Some day it'll come back . . .

A. seemani is a handsome species, they always catch my eye when I see one. Glad to hear yours finally molted! Maybe in another week or two she'll be back up and bigger than ever. How big is/was your suspect-lady?

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
Aphonopelmas like to vanish apparently. It's been five months since my A hentzi went underground. Some day it'll come back . . .

A. seemani is a handsome species, they always catch my eye when I see one. Glad to hear yours finally molted! Maybe in another week or two she'll be back up and bigger than ever. How big is/was your suspect-lady?
Perhaps 2 1/2-3 inches

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Once they have all they need to get to the next molt a lot of slings will go into hiding. It is safer for them to do this when growing up in the wild as their burrow is always the safest place for them to be. I've had a number of slings do the same thing.

It should be ready to look for food anytime now. :)

clive 82

Arachnoknight
Once they have all they need to get to the next molt a lot of slings will go into hiding. It is safer for them to do this when growing up in the wild as their burrow is always the safest place for them to be. I've had a number of slings do the same thing.

It should be ready to look for food anytime now. :)
My A genic sling did exactly this before it molted.