A quick how-to question?

Jaffster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't for one minute believe that my 3.5 inches long Scorpion is sexually mature.

I'm trying to find a general rule of thumb guide on how to determine a rough age and how to find which instar the said Scorpion is in.

I'm talking about a P.Imperator female here, from the tip of her pinchers to the end of her tail (if it were lied flat) I'd say she's around 4.5 inches, around 3.5 inches with the traditional measuring technique.

She eats like a pig, she hasn't 'fasted' yet, I've had her for over a month but I have no idea how old she is. There's no gaps between the plates on her shell, could she be sexually mature at this size?

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm trying to find a general rule of thumb guide on how to determine a rough age and how to find which instar the said Scorpion is in.

A white or cream colored telson would indicate it's still a juvenile.

marcelo_987

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If I'd have to guess I'd say it's I5, I6, or I7. Since all scorpions don't grow the same (due to temp and food quantity) you can't really be too sure. I have an CB I6 (1 year, 27 days old) emp that's 3.5 inches, that's where I'm basing my guesses on.

Regards, Marcelo

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's a shame scorpions aren't more like trees... what with their growth rings and all. It would be really helpful :eek:

Jaffster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A white or cream colored telson would indicate it's still a juvenile.
The telson is definately a dark redish/brownish color.

So, if she's sexually mature at 3.5 inches, is putting her with a male a bad thing? Is she too small to conceive yet?