A question Wal*Mart didn't know the answer to

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What size pantyhose would I need to cover a 10 gallon tank without ripping, running or tearing?

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
WHAT? Not sure I even want to know what you're up to...

Not sure how you're going to go about it, but the smallest size I'd look for is Queen?

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Hello,

If your'e looking to cover the top with some kind of small mesh, try a paint supply for a paint chip seperator. It's for when you dump paint into it it will collect the debris from the paint. You can cut the stuff in any shape you want.

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
WHAT? Not sure I even want to know what you're up to...

Not sure how you're going to go about it, but the smallest size I'd look for is Queen?
Oh man this is going to sound bad but.

Yes becca is right queen will do it.

I, a 30 year old, 6'5 250lbs guy walked out of wal mart with queen pantyhose, the cheap kind they stretch better, Vaseline, a salad tosser, two plastic shoe boxes, heavy version tampons, and a harry potter video.

The girl at the counter just gasped and checked me out, it was the funniest thing. She would not look me in the eye.

Man the things you do for frogs.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh man this is going to sound bad but.

Yes becca is right queen will do it.

I, a 30 year old, 6'5 250lbs guy walked out of wal mart with queen pantyhose, the cheap kind they stretch better, Vaseline, a salad tosser, two plastic shoe boxes, heavy version tampons, and a harry potter video.

The girl at the counter just gasped and checked me out, it was the funniest thing. She would not look me in the eye.

Man the things you do for frogs.
o m gods

that has to be the best post i have read this month!

edit:
my funniest bug shopping trip was when i got zuchini and vaseline at the same time. *only* zuch and vase.

Last edited:

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
And if Joe is using this for the kind of roaches I'm thinking of, cheese-cloth would not work for them either.

-Sean

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
And if Joe is using this for the kind of roaches I'm thinking of, cheese-cloth would not work for them either.

-Sean
Exactly. Here's a poor quality picture I tried to snap as a size comparison. This is a third instar nymph of the pseudomops septrionalis I'm keeping next to a penny with an adult at the opposite corner.

That nymph is about the size of a drosophilia hyedi and that isn't even a first instar nymph!

Last edited:

Diggy415

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if i was that clerk i would ask another clerk if we had the cops on speed dial...lol

zimbu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
o m gods

that has to be the best post i have read this month!

edit:
my funniest bug shopping trip was when i got zuchini and vaseline at the same time. *only* zuch and vase.
ahahaah dude i just laughed at that and TheDarkFinder's post so hard ^_^.

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Errrrr um, since I'm the one who told you to get the panty hose in the first place, a simple PM or YO IGGYMAMA in the title would have done the trick. I use the largest size I can find. If you can find XXXXXXXXL for instance, you can pull the panty hose down the side of the tank and get the added benefit of darkening the tank. Roaches like dark. I always get black, of course. Opaque. I get them off the street here in the city. 2 pair for $5. Cash, no tax. Would you like me to send you a couple pairs? Along with some of those giant lobsters and goldies? LMK Miss you already;)

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Darkfinder, did your frogs special request Harry Potter? Or did you just think they might like it?