A question that probably has an obvious answer, but I'm asking anyway.

Nebs Tarantulas

Arachnosquire
I get all of these ideas of new innovations, new studies of the amount of glucose in their blood etc, but do we really see tarantulas in the wild climbing up to hives and eating their honey, or sucking up nectar from flowers, or eating wild fruits? I think if we did then this could remotely be entertainable but at the moment a trace amount of glucose could be from the sugars ingested from their prey items because roaches, crickets and insects do eat fruit and sugars. Maybe they do need minute sugars that come from prey items, but as far as them actually eating honey or sugars as a food source itself etc, I won't be practicing that or advising to do so, but I do encourage the learning and research of new scientific studies.
It wouldn't be the weirdest thing, after all my O. Aureotibialis is a sith lord

Benzen

Arachnopeon
They may hate crickets, but they are hungry
Who doesn't hate them? They are loud, stinky, annoying and evasive which makes it very difficult to catch them. And don't you dare to let them escape, hide somewhere in your apartment and chirp all night, making you go mad. o_O

ArachnoDancer

Arachnopeon
Can tarantulas eat honey? If so do they like it?
I still honestly dont know? I read it at the beginning of taking care of my sling and gave them fresh water at first to help them and then did honey solution as a nice treat for a while with mists on the side or on their bark to attain fresh water when needed and the sling just seemed to dive into the honey solution and went out? I changed it after that. I stopped trying.. and now its just water. For a month or so by now.
i wonder if anybody else tried?
Fresh water is probably best..?
And I am not practicing or experimenting I am just a beginner to taking care of Ts and thought this article mightve been good for them for a moment.

Last edited: