a question about post-molt

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How long does it usually take for a T's exoskeleton to harden after a molt? My G. aureo sling molted last Thursday. It's now about 1 1/2 inches and I need to put it in a new containter and feed it, I just don't want to risk hurting it or having it break a fang.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How long does it usually take for a T's exoskeleton to harden after a molt? My G. aureo sling molted last Thursday. It's now about 1 1/2 inches and I need to put it in a new containter and feed it, I just don't want to risk hurting it or having it break a fang.
Generally you wait 1-2 weeks before moving or feeding the T. With a smaller one, such as yours, a week should do the trick, but waiting longer is safer.

midnight_maiden

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
At that size they should only take a day or two to harden completely. That's about how long mine took at theat size. The best way to tell when they can be fed is by looking at their fangs. They will turn completely black.

Don't move it until it has hardened so you don't hurt the spider in any way.

Congrats on the molt. :clap:

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
At that size they should only take a day or two to harden completely. That's about how long mine took at theat size. The best way to tell when they can be fed is by looking at their fangs. They will turn completely black.

Don't move it until it has hardened so you don't hurt the spider in any way.

Congrats on the molt. :clap:
Thanks! yeah I figured it might take less time because it's smaller, just wanted to make sure. Unfortunately I have to rehouse it and it's more skittish since before the molt. Hmmm...how should I go about doing this... :?