A question about mites and Ts.

txgsxr

Arachnopeon
Ok want to ask something, Iv noticed that there is alot of talk about mites. And when I ran a search I really didnt find anything about Provent-A-Mite.

Provent-A-Mite is used on reptiles/cages/tanks/tubs even reptile rooms, with good effects and I wanted to know if anyone has used this on Ts or if it is even able to be used..

Im thinking it may work in inclosers but maybe not on the T.

Any help on this would be great. I just want to cover any problems that may come up. And be ready to deal with it.

6StringSamurai

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I wouldn't. Provent-A-Mite is a poison designed to kill arachnids, and look at this:

"Provent-a-mite™ is more effective and less expensive to use than other products to eradicate or prevent an infestation, with up to 4 times less required per treatment and is the only product proven to provide long term residual protection. "

http://www.pro-products.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=59

It's designed to leave some kind of residue behind that will continue to kill after it's dried.

I would keep this stuff as far away from my Ts as humanly possible.

It does work great for snakes though.

txgsxr

Arachnopeon
Yeah wasnt sure, but kind of guessed couldnt use it on the T but wasnt sure about the cages. Thanks.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It sucks when the very thing you're trying to kill belongs to the same class as your tarantula.