A. purpurea sling molting problem

Anklebitr

Arachnopeon
I have a very small A. purpurea sling ( < 1") that is having problems molting. It looks like it can't get it's legs free. I've increased the humidity in it's deli cup and tried to put a drop of water on the legs to loosen the molt. Is there anything else that I should be doing? Thanks in advance for any help.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sounds like your doing everything you can. I hope it pulls through. Good luck.

Someone else may have an idea. I just wanted to wish you luck.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
I have a very small A. purpurea sling ( < 1") that is having problems molting. It looks like it can't get it's legs free. I've increased the humidity in it's deli cup and tried to put a drop of water on the legs to loosen the molt. Is there anything else that I should be doing? Thanks in advance for any help.
How long has it been in that position?

Anklebitr

Arachnopeon
It's been stuck since last night, which is about... 12 hours or so. I didn't want to mess with it last night, because of the issues associated with disturbing a T during molt...

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
It's been stuck since last night, which is about... 12 hours or so. I didn't want to mess with it last night, because of the issues associated with disturbing a T during molt...
Ew.. try a search on phrases like "moulting problem" or "stuck" or similar, there are some great threads here which describe people actually helping with surgery, but that's nothing easy with bit T's, with slings I guess it's impossible, but you could try putting the ever so slinghtest ammount of glycerin on the affected areas and hope it helps the T slip out. (You can also make a search on glycerin, that should also give you some info).

Best of luck with it!

Anklebitr

Arachnopeon
Thanks, guys. I'm just letting the little guy rest and hoping for the best. Thanks for the replies and concern.