A proud mother & father!

Jaffster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well yesterday me and my girlfriend popped around to my friends house and 'borrowed' his male P.imperator.

We brought it home, and prepared my females enclosure for mating. Found a flat piece of wood roughly 4 inches x 4 inches and buried that into the substrate.

After a few comical moments of the male pulling the female out of the hide.... then getting in it himself and them both nearly falling off the top of the hide they eventually found the piece of wood I placed in there.

My battery was low on my phone, so I couldn't take many pictures and I missed the male laying his spermataphore.... I did however catch the female sitting on it....

About 20 seconds after this..... world war 3 broke out in my enclosure, I've never seen my female be so agressive towards anything before. I managed to split them up, took the male out and placed him in a tub for transporting back to my friends, he was restless and wouldn't keep still.

She had a long walk around her enclosure, wouldn't keep still and wouldn't go in her hide. It was awesome to watch and it's fortunate for the male that I was there to split things up!

One spermataphore:

Hopefully she'll be a proud mother soon!

looper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
shame i wasnt there to enjoy the show oh well theres next time some good pics there dude aswell

Jaffster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What are the chances that something didn't go right?

This is my first ever breeding project.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very slim, considering you witnessed the whole thing. Now it's just a waiting game until sometime around June. average brood size should be around 10 to 15.