A Pink Toe for the Cure.

Sodaboy1978

Arachnopeon
I have been slowly getting over my arachnophobia. And all thanks to a Pink Toe. I have held the Pink Toe, and let it crawl over my hand one by one and handing it back over to my wife. Just a few seconds here and there. Recently I spent a good 15 mins letting it crawl up my arm across my shoulders and down my other arm. I do believe my fear is gone cause now I am wanting to handle her more often. But at the same time I know that constant handling isn't good so I am not going to do this everyday. But I think I can venture on to other sp. with no problems now. Not saying I am going to handle all T's though. And still going to be awhile for the even bigger ones, like T.Blondi Wow those are huge.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Arachnids are nothing to be afraid about. They're amazing- and kudos for getting over your arachnophobia.

Gnat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my first T was a T. blondi about 15 years ago. i was petrified by it and it soon died due to my lack of knowledge. my ex wife had 2 G rosea that got me over my phobia of T's. if it wasnt for that spider i wouldnt have the beauties i have now

Caramell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I used to be uneasy around house spiders, but I always had a fascination with tarantulas. I researched and bought my first T, a pink toe, a year and a half ago. After a few weeks of him in my possession, I tried handling, and it was scary at first because the feeling was different, but eventually I got used to it and was less afraid.
Thanks to tarantulas, I now feel calm and not so skeeved out by little spiders in my house.

Trogdora

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I used to be uneasy around house spiders, but I always had a fascination with tarantulas. I researched and bought my first T, a pink toe, a year and a half ago. After a few weeks of him in my possession, I tried handling, and it was scary at first because the feeling was different, but eventually I got used to it and was less afraid.
Thanks to tarantulas, I now feel calm and not so skeeved out by little spiders in my house.
I felt the same way about house spiders. I still startle a little when I see them, but now it's because I think one of my slings has escaped. {D

Congrats to Sodaboy for taking the first step to getting over your arachnophobia! You'll be an arachnophile in no time.

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
My pinktoe is a joy to handle, I handle my emperor scorpions as well. I still have not worked up the courage to handle my new monster female GBB, I tried once and it started throwing barbs.

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ha! I've basically gotten over arachnophobia because of Ts as well. It started a few years ago when I went with my friend to be like night security for his father in law at this reptile show at a hotel. They had several booths and quite a few Ts, a T. Blondi, H. Lividum, some avics, and I was just looking at them and they were really interesting and they had some books there on Ts and I started reading them and just became fascinated with them.

I consider my arachnophobia to be pretty much gone now. I used to lay in bed and "feel" spiders crawling on my legs and getting all freaked out, but of course it was all just in my head. That doesn't happen any more. :)

Still haven't gotten my first T yet but probably will sometime soon.

Awesome hobby, awesome animals, really great that I got over arachnophobia because of them.