A pic of my Vulpinus / and haitian brown Question

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Jsut wanted to show yall a picture of my Vulpinus after it molted.

And I have a haitian brown tarantula here are some pictures of it. can someone tell me the type of mat it put down...Is it for food? molting? its a big mat I thought they only made one big enough to cover their whole body...

Also I took a close up picture to see if anyone can just tell me how many inches my haitian brown is?...Can I say about 2 - 3" as being correct?

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Umm, I think maybe no one is answering your question because your "Haitian Brown" looks nothing like the P. cancerides I have seen and without putting something next to the spider (dollar bill, quarter, something we can use for sizing) it is impossible to guess at it's size. Di

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Umm, I think maybe no one is answering your question because your "Haitian Brown" looks nothing like the P. cancerides I have seen and without putting something next to the spider (dollar bill, quarter, something we can use for sizing) it is impossible to guess at it's size. Di
Even though it should be because thats what i got it from botar as...what else could it be??

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I think the webbing is just that, webbing. Many spiders cover the substrate with web which they seem to prefer to walk on than the actual substrate. I don't know why they do that but many of them do. It could also be for hunting purposes, as the more webbing covering the ground, the more they can feel a bug (or predator I suppose) walking by.
As for size, without a point of reference it is impossible to say. Just wait until it is up against the glass as it is in your picture, and put a ruler on the outside of the glass and get an idea that way.

Very nice N. vulpinus, they are so cute and fuzzy!:)

Edit: It looks like P. cancerides to me.

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry if I mis-spoke. My P. cancerides is from Botar as well and it is black as the Ace of Spades with a bald booty and is the biggest hair flicker I've ever seen. Just opening the spider cabinet causes it to start flicking, much less actually touching it's container. It's nice to know that it will grow up into something as beautiful as your 2nd photo. Mine has none of the leg striping or pinkish coloration that yours has. Di