A nice big 7" M. robustum

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
She's acquainting herself with some new 'digs'. These are such incredible spiders..! The raising-up and rear leg defense posturing is fascinating... And no, this one doesn't like mice - wouldn't touch a small hopper. I don't think the hopper even knew the tarantula was there, it was so high up on its tarsal-tips!

:D

Attachments

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes I agree. I have never seen mine actually do the rear leg thing though. But as for beauty I sure agree!!!!!

Attachments

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by invertepet
She's acquainting herself with some new 'digs'. These are such incredible spiders..! The raising-up and rear leg defense posturing is fascinating... And no, this one doesn't like mice - wouldn't touch a small hopper. I don't think the hopper even knew the tarantula was there, it was so high up on its tarsal-tips!

:D
Isn't it interesting, the differences between individuals of the same species. My robustums go through mice like I do chocolate ;)

Joy

Last edited:

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Boy Joy, I wish I had your magic touch and could just hold any of my 60 T's whether they be aggressive or not. You are sure lucky! Mine is too skittish for holding.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bill, one or two of my robustums will regularly eat rat pups, the others will run and hide from them.
Ed