A narrow escape!!!

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
I brought a pre-killed pinkie for my adult female chilean rose toda, she wouldnt accept it. SO i took a razor blade and slit open its belly. Holding it in my fingers, i moved it towards her, about to drop it by her feet. When all of a sudden, she strikes!

I drop the pinkie, and pull back really quickly, she just caught the tip of my finger nail. She struck hard as well. My heart is still pumping really quickly. lol.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow you have some courage. Not only do you put your fingers next to a food item when a spider is hungry but you also dissect pinkies.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by King_Looey
I brought a pre-killed pinkie for my adult female chilean rose toda, she wouldnt accept it. SO i took a razor blade and slit open its belly. Holding it in my fingers, i moved it towards her, about to drop it by her feet. When all of a sudden, she strikes!

I drop the pinkie, and pull back really quickly, she just caught the tip of my finger nail. She struck hard as well. My heart is still pumping really quickly. lol.
sounds like it is time to hunt down some large tweezers!
:D
Ed

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
I never use tongs or tweezers, except to fight a dangerous spider. Im very stupid, in my family its considered unmanly to shy away from the spiders. so i touch them. even my T.Blondi and my P. Regalis. but none of us are stupid enough to hold them.

I think i will get a pic of me poking the pokey.

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awesome story King, sometimes the Rosies surprise us with their aggression toward food!:D

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
It was the first time ive ever seen her kick hair also. She is usually the most docile of the lot.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

WOW!!That sure is heartpounding expierience! Rosies look like good little T's, untill you see their true "evil" side! Really Scary!

James

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
I suppose we all have off days, so i dont hold it against her. But i think its going to be a few weeks bfore i handle her again. I believe she is going to molt, she is beginning to darken. So i will wait untill then.

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow that's neat!!!! My rose hair just got done flicking hair at me :D

spiderwoman

Arachnopeon
i dont know if Rich told you that she also tried to take the tongue's out of his hand's, it scared the crap out of me and i was not the one holding them.