Arachnoprince
Old Timer
pic 2....

That's the way uh huh uh huh I like it. lol
Phil

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Very nice pics. Do you find that most spiders will mate with the lights on? I have never tried with anything other than red-light illumination.

Cheers,
Dave

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Size of male....

Hi...:)

Very good pics.
That male looks pretty big in my rookie eyes..?:D

Kenny

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Answers for Dave and Kenny..

Dave
Yes I have had many do it with the lights on. As a matter of fact I have had the lights on every time and have had the following mate just fine in those conditions.
Avic avic
Avic hurriana
Avic versicolor
A anax
A moderatum
B albipilosum
B smithi
B vagans
C cyaneopubescens
King baboon ( forgot the spelling of the latin lol )
Cyclosternum sp Cobalt red rump
E murinus
E campestratus
G rosea
L parahybana
P cambridgei
P regalis
P ornata
P usambara
T blondi
T gigas
I think that's all of them but you get the point. All of these were bred during the day in my normally lit office.
And Kenny yes he is a tad large and she is a tad small as in probably will grow a bit more but females don't have to be maxed out in size to breed and there aren't a lot of adult females out there to try with so he's going to waste if he doesn't give it a shot. She drummed back at him well and was real receptive so we'll see how it goes with crossed fingers and held breath.
Phil

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I guess when my male G.rosea makes the rounds again I should try leaving the lights on. It would certainly make things a lot easier.

Cheers,
Dave

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Answers for Dave and Kenny..

he is a tad large and she is a tad small as in probably will grow a bit more but females don't have to be maxed out in size to breed and there aren't a lot of adult females out there to try with so he's going to waste if he doesn't give it a shot. She drummed back at him well and was real receptive so we'll see how it goes with crossed fingers and held breath.
Phil [/B][/QUOTE]

hmmm......my moderatum females were slightly smaller than the male I had that matured, the females showed NO interest in the male, and the male NO interest in the females, he was very skittish and ran all over everywhere (including under the desk I was breeding them on) did a few defensive displays but never did kick any hair.
Phil, what is the legspan on your male and females?
Ed

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Okay. Two of my G.rosea just mated during the day under good lighting. Thanks for the info, Phillip. Next time I'll have to take some pics.

Cheers,
Dave