A. moderatum availability?

dragontears

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I recently acquired what appears to be a female A. moderatum. I have not seen these available before and tried to do a bit of research on them and in the process have found conflicting accounts of whether these are hard to find currently. Some say they are getting more rare in the trade while others are saying that they are still readily available. Can anyone clear this up?

Thanks! :D

Harrod

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I honestly have had a hard time finding them. I have been looking for a male for my female for a long time.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I see these available every now and then, but they certainly aren't the easiest nor the hardest species to find. I had a chance to get a sub-adult female for $25 at a local petstore. It was in my early days as a T keeper and I didn't know what it was so I got home searched it up and found out these are a treasured species, and I went back no more then 2 hours later and it was sold 10 min before I got there.:( I still hit myself for that.

Harrod

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I picked my female up about four years back and have yet to come across another. I have had one molt with her and she is only about 2 1/2 inches in size. They are beautiful T's. I believe southern spiderworks has slings.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i have not had much luck finding any , when i do they are gone blazingly fast.
im still looking for a female as i think the one i have is a male lol
next molt shoudl tell the tale

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i got my female about a year ago,when i worked at this reptile store,the owner knew a collector,that collected 3 of them,he shipped them to the store,he didn't charge us for them,just wanted to know if we wanted them,uh...hello,so ofcourse i took 1(for free:clap: ) good sized female,the other two went to 2 other tarantula collectors, but yeah i really don't see the avail that often,i saw them availible on hatari invertebrates website,may want check w/them:)

dragontears

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
neat. Thanks for the responses. It sounds like I just got lucky and the lady didn't realize what she had. I bought this little gal for $10 including tank!

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
neat. Thanks for the responses. It sounds like I just got lucky and the lady didn't realize what she had. I bought this little gal for $10 including tank!
lol if its a moderatum ill give you 50 and u keep the tank lol\

dragontears

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lol

This is the only photo I have of her so far...is it a moderatum?

ahas

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah, I don' t know any breeders in Canada who has one.