A. metallica

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I got an A. metallica in the other day and noticed that her butt was bald and black. What i am wondering is since she was shipped in , and pretty stressed from shipping . how long do you think it will be before she webbs up good and goes ahead and molts? She has put a little webbing in there but not much at all just basically hangs out on th eglass or the fake foam rock dosent even get on the wood or peabes of the fake plant lol prob cause its fake lol real wood tho

Cringles

Arachnopeon
I think my A. Metallica is going to molt soon to. My A. Metallica doesnt web at all, it only webs when its eating food, or makes a sperm web. I've had a spider be in pre-molt for a 2-3 months, normally they catch me by surpris:cool:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I think my A. Metallica is going to molt soon to. My A. Metallica doesnt web at all, it only webs when its eating food, or makes a sperm web. I've had a spider be in pre-molt for a 2-3 months, normally they catch me by surpris:cool:
hmm if its makeing sperm webs and is about to molt, it may not survive this one as its a mature male ...
and its probably not webbing because its too busy lookin for some tush

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My subadult A. metallica doesn't web either unless he's in premolt.

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Is the A metallica an adult? How do you know it was stressed? Sounds like you have a decent set up. Vertically placed cork bark has always worked well for me, as it offers a sage hideaway.
My adult A metallica is not much of a webber at all. I have have adult Avics go for almost a year without eating.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Is the A metallica an adult? How do you know it was stressed? Sounds like you have a decent set up. Vertically placed cork bark has always worked well for me, as it offers a sage hideaway.
My adult A metallica is not much of a webber at all. I have have adult Avics go for almost a year without eating.
i dont thinks shes an adult she is about 3.5 " i think she was stressed because she was in a deli cup for about 4 days in the hands of postal workers and had hair all over the paper towels in the cup and none on her butt lol

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my a.metallicas also really never web up their containers, alittle lining on the corkhide,except when they are molting, i'm sure yours will settle in no time.

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i dont thinks shes an adult she is about 3.5 " i think she was stressed because she was in a deli cup for about 4 days in the hands of postal workers and had hair all over the paper towels in the cup and none on her butt lol
Poor little thing. I hope she settles in soon. Update?