a. Metallica and the care thereof...

WarIsPeace

Arachnopeon
How does one get water to a 3/4" a. Metallica?

She's eats like a horse and is healthy.

Any ideas on how to get her water? I sure don't want to lose her.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
I think with slings that small they just get water from the humidity and maybe some from off the walls if u mist them. Water Dishs are only needed when they are 3" and above in legspan. Well atleast thats what I have read... just keep humidity up for it and it should be fine.

Good Luck

TheDon

WarIsPeace

Arachnopeon
TheDon,
I have a tiny water dish out. I hope her survival instincts lead her to it. I'm probably worrying for no good reason.

Thank you for the input. I usually collect arboreals, but I think this "fuzzy" will be loads of fun.

BTW, I always purchase only 3/4 to 1" tarantulas because I love to see them molt and grow. The arboreals have NO problem finding their water. I've never had a "Metallica," so I don't know if they have same strong drive to survive as a p. Regalis, et al.

WarIsPeace.

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have never supplied water for my Avic slings. I make sure to keep their substrate moist and keep them fed well. If you want to give them water, you can mist the sides of their enclosure, they can drink it from there if they need to. I keep my slings in vials, so there is no room for any type of water dish, and I really don't think they need it until they are much larger.

Just keep the substrate moist and the temperature right, if they are fed well, they will grow and molt like you want them to.

WarIsPeace

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the help and info. I guess I'm just paranoid, and I HATE to lose any tarantula out of my stupidity.