A. metallic sling tragedy

LunarFaery

ArachnoDiva
Old Timer
Well this just sucks!! Ive had this baby for almost a month...I never thought it had eaten, but I wasnt positive either. I keep it warm and moist....Actually its vial was inside of my versicolor tank. Ive checked on it daily and its been hanging out on a little leaf I put in there. But today its dead. Its not even in a death curl.

Im a spider murder!! I feel just awful

Jen

LunarFaery

ArachnoDiva
Old Timer
ok theres HOPE!!!!!!!!!! I got cold apparently.....

Please help me save my baby spider!!

Jen

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Gradual, gentle heat increase... Bring it up to about 80F. Make sure there's decent airflow. Doesn't sound like a dehydration issue, so don't worry about moisture for now.

Good luck!

bill

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Thats too bad... good luck with it. Hope u can get it back to normal, I would feel the exact same as u if I lost one of my T's

TheDon

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about the sling:?
Was it possible you kept it too moist? Sometimes you can have too much humidity and condensation can form inside the container. This situation is not real good for the T. I have had Avic. slings that died and I though I was doing everything right, no telling what happened. I have a few slings now and I keep the soil moist, but I have enough air holes in the top so condensation dosen't form. It's funny, you can't have too much or too little humidity.

LunarFaery

ArachnoDiva
Old Timer
well it didnt make it. I feel horrible. My heating pad came unplugged...kids?? cats??? I'll never know....And on top of that over night, Sunday night, the furnace shut down. So I guess with that combo it just didnt have a chance. I thought MAYBE it would bounce back....I got in on heating pad and there was enough airflow but no such luck.

Thanks Bill for your help...even though I failed.

Jen