A lots changed

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So after leaving the hobby and these forums for 4yrs, im back and noticed a lot has changed.

It appears the genus Avicularia has had a lot of changes, and ive noticed L violaceopes is now being classified as another genus.

What is with the reclassification, and can anybody point me to a thread as to when/why theres been so many changes.
Avicularia was always a bit messy, so i can kind of see why

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was away about 10 years and the biggest change is the fact that nobody seems to sell tarantulas anymore here in Finland. Oh well, it's cheaper to order them from germany.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
L violaceopes was changed for a while to Omothymus, but was changed back nearly 6 months ago.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was away about 10 years and the biggest change is the fact that nobody seems to sell tarantulas anymore here in Finland. Oh well, it's cheaper to order them from germany.
Nobody seems to sell ts here anymore either haha. These forums are way better than my local selection, but all i see nowadays are the same old same old.. common variety, and slings at that.
Im itching to get my collection started again, but dont want to settle

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Among other changes in tarantula nomenclature that likely happened in your absence, Poecilotheria pederseni became Poecilotheria vittata.

creepa

Arachnoknight
L violaceopes was changed for a while to Omothymus, but was changed back nearly 6 months ago.
Source please...??

And does that mean the whole paper of smith and jacobi is canceled?

Someone realy needs to clarify this subject fast..., this is to confusing.:banghead:

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Source please...??

And does that mean the whole paper of smith and jacobi is canceled?

Someone realy needs to clarify this subject fast..., this is to confusing.:banghead:
I don't have a link to the thread but if I remember it was rejected by PLATNICK of World Spider Catalog due to more work being done on the reclassification.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So what is the juruensis? Still Avicularia? That was one t i was dying to get my hands on back before i left the hobby.
I think Advan was working on getting them more available, but honestly cant remember